This is the first time I have ever recovered a lamp shade. I’m sorry that I didn’t take more pictures, but I honestly thought it would look terrible and I didn’t want much evidence of my failure. Wouldn’t you know it, it actually worked out for me. But I had a few things in my favor…
1. I had a nearly perfect, cylindrical shade to wrap fabric around, which saved me a lot of bumps and folds.
2. I used very forgiving fabric, so if there were wrinkles, they were very well camouflaged.
3. I used sharp shears which enabled super accurate snips.
4. Again I used forgiving fabric, so I didn’t need to cover the seam on the side. If it was necessary I could have cut out a half inch strip of fabric, folded and glued it in half, and then glued it (with it’s seam down) on the edges or along the seam. But again, it wasn’t necessary (this time).