As I previously mentioned in a post, I glued a table to my carpet. It sounds so much worse than it really was, but I don’t know enough words to try to convince you that it really was a very reasonable accident so I am just going to forgo the excuses and get to the point. WE GOT NEW CARPET! Here’s how it went…
Before the carpet installation.
The original carpet, taken before we moved in.
Oh, and this was my minor error. See? It wasn't a huge catastrophe...right?
Once they started pulling up the carpet they found beautiful floors, but I couldn't just tell them to leave, that'd be rude.
I sort of loved it. But I can always pull the carpet up once I've outgrown it.
Once I saw the wood I decided to at least keep the stairs uncovered, even though that left quite a bit of work to be done. Tack strips, staples, nails-- all had to get torn out using a slotted screwdriver, crow bar and needle nose pliers. Then I used murphy's Oil Soap and restorer on the wood.
This is how the steps looked after I did all of their primping.
This is how the room looks with lighter carpet. I'll have to update my home photos soon.
I don't know what goes on with pictures in this room, they always glare and bounce light like crazy. But try to look past all of that and look at my beautiful, dimpled carpet.
Now that there is new carpet, I guess that means no more doing stuff like this...
Because Kyle is never going to let me forget this.